LPFM Needs your input! Comments Due by May 7th, 2012
File your comments for the current LPFM proceeding 99-25. This comment filing opportunity will close on May 7th with reply comments due by May 21st, so please do not procrastinate. Your comments will help shape the new LPFM service. Your comments and data are not retained by this system and are transferred directly into the FCC’s ECFS system instantly when you press submit.
Some key points and items the FCC is considering that you may want to comment on:
- Upgrade service to 250 watts for new and existing LPFM Stations
- Consideration of a waiver system to allow second adjacent waiver filings where a fully spaced LPFM is not available.
- Removal of LP-10 CLass – replacing with LP-250 Class
- Removal of I .F. Channel Minimum Distance Separation Requirements
- Requirement Tha t Applicant Be Community-Based
- Eligibility of Native Nations
- Cross-Ownership (LPFM stations / Translator Stations)
- Multiple Ownership (For native nations)
- Various changes to the Point System & Eligibility
- Third-Adjacent Channel Interference Complaints and Remediation
- LPFM Interference Protection and Remediation Requirements
- Procedures for handling interference to translators by LPFM
Note: You are filing a document into an official FCC proceeding. All information submitted including names and address will be publicly available via the web.
Express Form Help
- Name of Filer: Enter your name if these are your personal comments. If you are filing on behalf of an organization, you may want to use ECFS Expert.
- Email Address: Your email address is not required. If you do provide it, we will not make your email address publicly available.
- Address: You must fill out your address. If you have an international address, you should use ECFS Expert.
- Type in or paste your brief comments: If your comments take more than a minute or two to compose, we recommend you type them up in another program before pasting your comments in the window. That way you will not lose your work if there is a problem uploading. If you want to attach your comments as a file, you should useECFS Expert.
- Continue: When you are ready to submit, click Continue. You will then be prompted to Review and Confirm your submission.
Need to add more information, attach documents, or comment on multiple proceedings at once? You should use ECFS Expert instead.